On February 26th, thousands of working people across Massachusetts will join a national day of action as we speak out for good, union jobs. The Working People’s Day of Action coincides with the Supreme Court hearings on the Janus vs. AFSCME case. That case is part of a well-funded campaign by the wealthy special interests to divide us from our co-workers – and to limit the power in numbers we have together in a union.
In Massachusetts we are joining with sisters and brothers across the country to say, we will fight to protect the freedom of working people to join unions for a better life. We'll fill in information on this Facebook event page as event plans are solidified across the state. RSVP there to say you're in! Update on planned actions:
- Amherst: 12:00pm, Cape Cod Lounge, 1 Campus Center Way, Umass Amherst 01003
- Boston: 12:00pm, Boston Firehouse, 125 Purchase St, Boston, MA 02110
- Lawrence: Still being planned! Check back soon
- New Bedford: 5:00pm, City Hall, 133 Williams St, New Bedford, MA 02740
- Springfield: 4:30pm, 95 Liberty St, Springfield, MA 01103
- (UPDATED!) Worcester: 5:00pm, Worcester City Hall, 455 Main St, Worcester, MA 01608
Please RSVP on Facebook to say that you'll stand for working people on The Working People's Day of Action and share the message with friends. We will update the page with the dates, times and details of all the emerging actions.